On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about fear in dogs. What causes your dog to be fearful and what can you do about it?
Topics discussed include:
• Dog tip of the day
• Fear can be genetic like noise sensitivity
• Service dogs need to be screened for fear issues
• Fear can be taught to your dog based on your actions and reactions
• Making a big deal out of things can reinforce your dog’s fears
• Fear and anxiety are two separate things that can be intertwined
• How you handle your dog’s fear can help improve the future behavior
• Younger dogs go through fear periods
• Don’t let the dog’s fear control their behavior
• Can prescription drugs help your dog with fear?
• If you don’t see results with your approach, try something else
• What is fear aggression?
• Fear is simply a distraction
• Tempering fear can be more productive than counterconditioning
• Jess and Scott talk about how they work through dogs’ fear of treadmills
• You can contact the show by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever wondered why your dog behaves a certain way? Are there things you need help with or support? Join Scott and Jess Williams each week as they explore these and other topics.