On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about fear in dogs. What causes your dog to be fearful and what can you do about it?
Topics discussed include:
• Dog tip of the day
• Fear can be genetic like noise sensitivity
• Service dogs need to be screened for fear issues
• Fear can be taught to your dog based on your actions and reactions
• Making a big deal out of things can reinforce your dog’s fears
• Fear and anxiety are two separate things that can be intertwined
• How you handle your dog’s fear can help improve the future behavior
• Younger dogs go through fear periods
• Don’t let the dog’s fear control their behavior
• Can prescription drugs help your dog with fear?
• If you don’t see results with your approach, try something else
• What is fear aggression?
• Fear is simply a distraction
• Tempering fear can be more productive than counterconditioning
• Jess and Scott talk about how they work through dogs’ fear of treadmills
• You can contact the show by email at email@example.com
Have you ever wondered why your dog behaves a certain way? Are there things you need help with or support? Join Scott and Jess Williams each week as they explore these and other topics.
Why Water Intake Matters?
If your dog is always thirsty, it could be a sign of mental instability. When obsessive behaviors like drinking begin to control your dog, it’s important you intervene. There may be a hidden message in your dog’s drinking habits.
Energy Healing Involving Your Dog
The Story of Sarge
You Can’t Outrun Crazy
The Importance of Handling Your Dog
Scott and Jess talk about how important it is for you to get your dog used to letting you handle them. This includes brushing, tooth brushing, nail clipping and other activities.
The Care of Senior Dogs
On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about how to care for your senior dog. They discuss issues they have seen with older dogs and offer valuable advice about how to avoid and deal with the problems you may encounter.
Introducing A New Puppy Into A Household With Other Dogs
On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about the steps to take when you bring a new puppy into your household that already has other dogs.
Be Grateful For What You Have Now
Dogs and Halloween
On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about dogs and Halloween. What can you do to make sure your dog has a safe and peaceful Halloween? Our hosts offer some tips. Topics discussed…
5 Ways To Ruin a Puppy
On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about what owners are doing that ruins their puppies. They identify 5 problem areas and what issues they may cause. Topics discussed…