On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about the steps to take when you bring a new puppy into your household that already has other dogs. They discuss ways to avoid problems and smooth the transition of your puppy into your home.
Topics discussed include:
• Dog tip of the day
• Be an advocate for the older dogs in your household
• Supervise playtime and potty time
• You need to prepare for bringing your puppy home
• Limit access to the environment
• If your older dog has issues, you need to anticipate how the puppy will affect those
• Don’t just hope for the best
• The energy levels of an older dog and puppy are very different
• Be conscious of your puppy eating snow, since it is like drinking water
• If your puppy is a rescue, it may have been misrepresented
• You need to do an assessment of the dog yourself
• The general timeframe for a puppy is 8 weeks to 6 months old
• Containment setups make a lot of sense when the dog first comes home
• You can contact the show by email at email@example.com
Have you ever wondered why your dog behaves a certain way? Are there things you need help with or support? Join Scott and Jess Williams each week as they explore these and other topics.
Podcast Available On
Scott and Jess talk about how important it is for you to get your dog used to letting you handle them. This includes brushing, tooth brushing, nail clipping and other activities.
On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about how to care for your senior dog. They discuss issues they have seen with older dogs and offer valuable advice about how to avoid and deal with the problems you may encounter.