YOUR SENIOR DOG
On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about how to care for your senior dog. They discuss issues they have seen with older dogs and offer valuable advice about how to avoid and deal with the problems you may encounter.
Topics discussed include:
• Dog tip of the day
• Diet is important for dogs especially as they get older
• How does feeding a raw diet compare with kibble?
• Bone broth can work well for older dogs without an appetite
• Scott has found that feeding a raw diet can be cheaper than feeding kibble
• Is it OK to stop vaccinating a dog after a certain age?
• Is Eastern medicine a viable option for your dog?
• Are there any supplements that are good for older dogs?
• The type of flooring you have can become an issue for a senior dog
• You need to adapt your dog’s exercise level to be appropriate with their age
• You should be on the lookout for eyesight or hearing loss
• Grooming remains important for older dogs
• What are the challenges of traveling when you have older dogs?
• You can contact the show by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever wondered why your dog behaves a certain way? Are there things you need help with or support? Join Scott and Jess Williams each week as they explore these and other topics.
Podcast Available On
Scott and Jess talk about how important it is for you to get your dog used to letting you handle them. This includes brushing, tooth brushing, nail clipping and other activities.