Handling Your Dog
On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about how important it is for you to get your dog used to letting you handle them. This includes brushing, tooth brushing, nail clipping and other activities.
Topics discussed include:
• Dog tip of the day
• The key is to start while your dog is young – don’t wait until it’s absolutely necessary
• Should I buy a muzzle for my dog?
• Getting you do used to the muzzle should also be done before it’s necessary
• Jess and Scott talk about some of the challenges they’ve faced with clients’ dogs
• Nail clipping seems to be the most problematic activity for owners
• Jess shares an example of how handling can help save the day
• Being able to handle you dog can help avoid general anesthesia in the future
• Scott shares another example of how having your dog used to handling can help
• Handling really helps the relationship between you and your dog
• Scott and Jess share some exercises owners can do with their dogs to get them used to handling
Have you ever wondered why your dog behaves a certain way? Are there things you need help with or support? Join Scott and Jess Williams each week as they explore these and other topics.