Handling Your Dog
On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about how important it is for you to get your dog used to letting you handle them. This includes brushing, tooth brushing, nail clipping and other activities.
Topics discussed include:
• Dog tip of the day
• The key is to start while your dog is young – don’t wait until it’s absolutely necessary
• Should I buy a muzzle for my dog?
• Getting you do used to the muzzle should also be done before it’s necessary
• Jess and Scott talk about some of the challenges they’ve faced with clients’ dogs
• Nail clipping seems to be the most problematic activity for owners
• Jess shares an example of how handling can help save the day
• Being able to handle you dog can help avoid general anesthesia in the future
• Scott shares another example of how having your dog used to handling can help
• Handling really helps the relationship between you and your dog
• Scott and Jess share some exercises owners can do with their dogs to get them used to handling
Have you ever wondered why your dog behaves a certain way? Are there things you need help with or support? Join Scott and Jess Williams each week as they explore these and other topics.
Podcast Available On
Why Water Intake Matters?
If your dog is always thirsty, it could be a sign of mental instability. When obsessive behaviors like drinking begin to control your dog, it’s important you intervene. There may be a hidden message in your dog’s drinking habits.
Energy Healing Involving Your Dog
The Story of Sarge
You Can’t Outrun Crazy
The Care of Senior Dogs
On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about how to care for your senior dog. They discuss issues they have seen with older dogs and offer valuable advice about how to avoid and deal with the problems you may encounter.
Introducing A New Puppy Into A Household With Other Dogs
On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about the steps to take when you bring a new puppy into your household that already has other dogs.
Be Grateful For What You Have Now
Dogs and Halloween
On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about dogs and Halloween. What can you do to make sure your dog has a safe and peaceful Halloween? Our hosts offer some tips. Topics discussed…
5 Ways To Ruin a Puppy
On this episode, Scott and Jess talk about what owners are doing that ruins their puppies. They identify 5 problem areas and what issues they may cause. Topics discussed…